Experienced Porters/Bussers Needed - Shack 15
Company: Mina Group
Location: San Bruno
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Michelin Starred, Celebrity Chef, Michael Mina looking for
Experienced Team Members for a New, Members Only Club and Events
Space in the Ferry Building, Shack 15!
Operating since 2003, Mina Group currently manages more than 40
concepts around the world. At Mina Group, impeccable service is not
just our ideal, it is ingrained in everything we do. Rooted deep in
our foundation is the concept of Kaizen, the art of making great
and lasting change in small steady increments. By embodying our
values of adaptability and fluidity, we cultivate a whole new sense
of hospitality that is uniquely Mina.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Clean, transport and store all pots, pans,
utensils and table ware used in the food and beverage operations in
a efficient and proper manner.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the
culture of MG-SC, LLC and Shack15.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive,
professional, gracious service at all times
- Maintains clean and organized work stations that are cohesive
with the restaurant s philosophy, culture, and standards of
- Recognize or seek areas for staff and restaurant improvement
and offer positive solutions for change.
- Operate within the restaurant on a daily basis with efficiency,
respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge,
patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
- Understand completely all programs, procedures, standards,
specifications, guidelines, and training programs.
- Understand philosophy of management and owner. Displays
consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant
- Represents the restaurant professionally through effective
communication, cooperation and relationships with the all business
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned):
AVERAGE % OF TIME
60 % Clean, sanitize and store properly all china, glassware,
silverware, flatware, pots and pans in the location.
40 % Responsible for the proper sanitation and cleanliness of all
kitchens and food preparation areas, including ovens, grills,
stoves, hoods, fryers, preparation slicers, steam kettles, tables
Other: Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which
may be established from time to time, is essential to the
successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular
attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and
including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees
may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business
needs of the restaurant. In addition, attendance at all scheduled
training sessions and meetings are required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with
MG-SC, LLC rules and regulations for the safe and effective
operation of the facilities. Employees who violate rules and
regulations will be subject to disciplinary action up to, and
including, termination of employment.
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: In addition to performance of the essential
functions, this position may be required to perform a combination
of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time
performing each function to be solely determined by the manager
based upon the particular requirements of the restaurant:
- Assist culinary staff during any special request or priorities
as requested by the management team.
- Assist culinary staff with ensuring that all food preparation
areas and equipment is clean and properly sanitized on a daily
- Fulfill the required daily cleaning of the kitchen and
equipment after hours.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of
knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s)
used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Basic knowledge and awareness of the proper handling procedures
for all items used.
- Further duties are not currently listed in the outline and may
be added at the manager s discretion.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Most work tasks are performed indoors.
Temperature is moderate and controlled by the building
environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme
temperatures like freezers (-10 F) and kitchens (+110 F), possibly
for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8
hours in length.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 30 lbs.,
including, but not limited to, pots and pans and trays of food or
food items on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up
to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach other locations of the building in a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between
functions occurring simultaneously.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to
cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, hearing ability
and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
The Mina Group, LLC and its affiliates are equal opportunity
employers committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive
environment. We welcome applicants from a wide variety of
identities, ideas and experiences and, pursuant to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records. If reasonable
accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to
receive other benefits and other aspects of employment, please
contact Mina Group Human Resources by emailing ...@minagroup.net.
Associated topics: backend, floor manager, front end, general
manager, grocery store manager, night shift manager, partner,
restaurant operations, shift leader, shift manager
Keywords: Mina Group, San Bruno , Experienced Porters/Bussers Needed - Shack 15, Other , San Bruno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!