Are you a creative, high energy individual who takes initiative
and wants to be part of creating memories that last a lifetime?
Do you have a passion for leadership and photography? Then we
want you to join our JCPenney Portraits team! We'll teach you what
you need to know to meet and exceed our customers' expectations. If
this sounds interesting to you, apply now!
We are currently seeking a Part-Time Assistant Studio
Assist the Studio Manager with the operation and management of a
portrait studio as well as capture images that are fun, spontaneous
and creative to exceed the customers' expectations, be part of
achieving Sales Average expectations, talk with potential customers
and call existing customers to schedule and confirm photography
sessions, as well as provide a delightful customer experience. All
of our team members demonstrate professionalism and a positive
mindset while showing concern for the safety of our customers by
following established safety procedures and practices.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 - 2 years of experience working in a retail, photographic or
service industry, strongly preferred.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including days, nights,
holidays and weekends, as needed.
- Customer service and sales skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to quickly develop a good rapport with children and
- Intermediate computer skills (e.g., navigation, data entry)
specifically Outlook and Excel).
- Strong math skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in multiple studios (where applicable) based on
- Ability to speak and write Spanish fluently in some markets,
may be preferred.
Assistant Studio Managers also enjoy:
- Paid comprehensive photography and sales training
- Competitive pay and monthly bonus potential
- JCPenney store and studio discount
- Medical, dental and life insurance benefits (for full-time
- Participation in our employee stock ownership plan for eligible
Assistant Studio Managers are required to sit, stand, walk,
bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist, balance, reach, use hands
and fingers to perform repetitive tasks and assemble/disassemble
equipment. Assistant Studio Managers must be able to frequently
lift and move up to 25 pounds (and occasionally lift and move up to
A more detailed job description will be provided to interviewed
JCPenney Portraits is operated by Lifetouch Portrait Studios, a
Shutterfly company, which operates over 400 portrait studios across
the United States. Our photographers are trained on contemporary
posing, lighting techniques and composition to provide
high-quality, fun portraits that tell every customer's unique
story. They capture moments and life's milestones (e.g., birthday,
holiday, graduation, engagement) as well as family, group and pet
Lifetouch Portrait Studios, Inc. values our employee-owners and
we look to our internal talent for possible career advancement
within our business as well as other Lifetouch companies. We are
Equal Opportunity Employer.