Company: Google Inc.
Location: San Bruno
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent practical
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or
product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering,
content strategy) on technical implementation.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across platforms
in an iterative software development environment.
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct
contributions (see Google's portfolio tips).
- 8 years of relevant industry experience.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop,
- Advanced skills in problem-solving and familiarity with
technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing
for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas
and design rationale, all within a user-centered design
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and manage workload and meet
critical project deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build good
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the
user and all else will follow." Google's Visual Designers weave
space, typography, color, iconography, and texture together to help
people successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of
our products should be beautiful and accessible.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary
teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists,
Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people
who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in
gathering insights about the behaviors and perceptions of people
who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate
closely with each other and with engineering and product management
to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the
people who use them, and for Google's businesses.
As a Visual Designer, you'll rely on user-centered design
methods to craft industry-leading user experiences-from concept to
execution. Like all of our UX jobs, you'll collaborate with your
design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language
to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive,
innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to
learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to
gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX
teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and
engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and
simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex
challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products'
unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions
while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google's
philosophy: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."
- Mature and evolve the notion of framework by collaborating with
other leads to form a cohesive offering across Google
- Work across programs to define, maintain, and evolve the tools,
processes, and communication around asset management.
- Leverage principle contributors to explore concept development
to influence product, a point-of-view around visual style, and
- Defend Google products, our brand promise, and its unique value
prop amid an interlaced relationship with Google's master
- Partner with visual programs within our organization to evolve
and apply new design styles and aesthetics for our suite of
Keywords: Google Inc., San Bruno , Visual Designer, Other , San Bruno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!