What you'll do...
Lead Product Designer
What you'll do at Sam's Club
At Sam's Club, we're committed to being the membership you love
The Sam's Club Experience Design team crafts compelling
experiences wherever we meet our members and associates-from our
clubs, to their businesses, and to their homes. We creatively
deliver impact for the web, apps, in-club experiences and
As a Lead Product Designer, we need your expertise to make an
impact in highly strategic and important initiatives within the
Experience Design team. Specifically, your assignment is to help
the team to deeply empathize with the customer, liaise across
partners in Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their
collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that
bring delight to our customers, meeting them where they are.
Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make
you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and
crafting effective designs from top to bottom.
How you'll spend your days
- Lead in the creation of business, consumer, and associate
- Think holistically and broadly - about the people using our
products, a cohesive design system, and end to end experiences
- Mentor and guide junior designers and seek out and welcome
feedback from senior leaders
- Solve complex problems and work with others with the same
passion, to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure
and create a cohesive design ecosystem.
- Switch gears from deep design thinking to rapid-fire
Why you're a great fit
- You're probably stronger on one side than the other, but you
have a solid blend of interaction and visual design skills and an
eye for pixel-perfect detail
- You can craft experiences for any channel or platform and have
robust, demonstrable experience in doing so
- When you look at Sam's Club, you see multiple easy ways to make
the experience more beautiful and delightful for our customers and
associates, and you're excited to tell us about them
- You have a constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest
industry news and developments
- You express your design point of view and openly advocate for
another team member's design
- You're a creative problem solver who leans into collaboration
to create delightful experiences
- You thrive on collaboration - be it with other designers,
business partners, product owners or engineering
- You have an impressive product design portfolio that
demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements
and customer needs
- You understand how to support and guide less experienced
designers to learn and grow in the field
Skills you'll have
- You're a systems thinker with the ability to communicate
concepts to audiences of all levels of understanding.
- Track record of deploying user interface standards and
conventions, functional communication flows and dynamic, engaging
- Deep understanding of design theory and concepts to create
effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance
(typography, color, space, contrast)
- The ability to create design templates and patterns that mesh
with the broader design system
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task
across different projects and platforms and adapt to the
ever-changing nature of the business and technological
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills
at the executive level.
- Experience with business requirement gathering, site
assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
- Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You
gather feedback judiciously but know when to adjust and when to
follow your initial vision.
Bonus points for
- Complimentary skills in your Product Designer arsenal:
prototyping (with Flinto, Framer, Marvel, Principle or similar),
user research, motion design, illustration
- Experience designing compelling experiences for large,
Bachelor's degree and 4+ years designing digital experiences,
demonstrating increasing levels of mastery of your craft, or
Master's degree and 3+ years relevant experience
4 years' experience designing for multiple platforms and
4 years' experience gathering business requirements, site
assessments, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
4 years' experience partnering with cross-functional teams to
launch new products and improve existing product features.
3 years' experience utilizing strategic product thinking and
3 years' experience directing a cross-functional team through
the product design process to launch.
1 years' experience mentoring and providing feedback to other
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no minimum
Bachelor Degree and 4 years design experience OR Masters Degree
and 3 years design experience OR 6 years design experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for
this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred
950 ELM AVE, SAN BRUNO, CA 94066-3047, United States of
About Sam's Club
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing
need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since
then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in
the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable,
wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving
simple for families and small business owners.
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The
average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and
general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such
as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We
believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and
the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique
styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being
inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don't have to choose between your career and your lifestyle.
In Silicon Valley, you can have both.
Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic
Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654-acre
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection
of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led
tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic
programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden
provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center
in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on
Earth - Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine
= a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the "World's Most Scenic Taco Bell" at
this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the
members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans
for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life
insurance and more
- Education Assistance from Live Better U - earn your degree for
just $1 a day
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work
because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend
on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are
subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program
terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application
for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so
please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs