What you'll do...
The Marketing Analytics team helps drive business strategy by
synthesizing performance metrics and data into actionable insights
across customer segments, marketing channels and product
categories. The Social commerce team is a cross functional team
working to build new, content rich and social network enabled
shopping experiences for Walmart.
As the Senior Manager I, Social Commerce, you will support the
Associate Director, Social Commerce in developing our approach to
social commerce measurement from the ground up. This role will
partner cross functionally with the Marketing, Finance, Product and
Engineering teams to develop new shopping experiences as well as
with outside agencies and publishers. You will work with the cross
functional teams to implement a learning agenda and provide a
holistic view of performance of social commerce programs,
leveraging state of the art analytics tools.
A track record of cross-functional partnership, strong
execution, and influencing action:
- Demonstrated thought leadership and relationship
building/management with internal stakeholders and external
- Knack for driving culture and process change in matrixed
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects, communicate
effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, and be a
- Outstanding communication skills to explain technical material
to a range of audiences and 'tell a story' that provides insight
into the business
- Track record of delivering action-oriented analysis and
recommendations that drive meaningful business outcomes
Experience thriving in a developing business:
- A passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Experience tackling complex problems with a high degree of
ambiguity in a startup environment, either in a true start up or in
a new venture in a more established business
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial, scrappy, 'find a way to win'
A self-starter with a sense of ownership and accountability:
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to
manage multiple priorities and lead complex projects with a high
degree of ambiguity
- Naturally curious and a lifelong learner about customer trends
and digital technology
Strong technical skills and marketing measurement expertise:
- Marketing analytics experience in eCommerce and/or or social
- Experience with social media measurement and web analytics
- Strong SQL skills with an understanding of database
capabilities and experience structuring and analyzing large amounts
of data from diverse sources
- Experience leveraging big data technologies (Hive/Hadoop) and
modern data visualization tools (Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Looker,
Power BI) to blend data from multiple sources to help answer
multi-dimensional business questions
- Expert level understanding of Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Strong problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills and
ability to synthesize findings into tangible actions that help
drive business outcomes
Manager's Preferred Qualification:
- MBA or Master's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer
Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience using R and/or Python to manipulate data, build
models and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience optimizing paid media channels through advanced
Marketing and Ad Technology
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and Test/Control
methodologies (A/B, multivariate)
- Experience using enterprise digital analytics platforms (e.g.
Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Experience and working understanding of attribution and the
differences between rules-based last click attribution versus
algorithmic multi-touch attribution. Experience with Media Mix
Modeling is a plus.
- Experience with customer and product analytics
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no minimum
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics,
or related field and 3 years' experience in data analytics or
related field OR 5 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for
this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred
Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical
analysis, Statistical programming languages (for example, SAS,
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems,
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better.
This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make,
from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in
between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in
shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and
hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of
millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an
impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We
believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and
the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique
styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being
inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment
no matter the circumstance." - Shelby, Project Analyst
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don't have to choose between your career and your lifestyle.
In Silicon Valley, you can have both.
Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic
Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654-acre
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection
of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led
tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic
programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden
provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center
in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on
Earth - Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine
= a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the "World's Most Scenic Taco Bell" at
this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the
members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans
for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life
insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work
because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend
on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are
subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program
terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application
for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so
please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs