Company: Google Inc.
Location: San Bruno
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction,
Computer Science, related field, or equivalent practical
- Experience in User Experience (UX) and/or Motion Design.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating command of Motion Design and/or
Interaction Design in web or mobile contexts (see Google's
- 8 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience using motion to reduce perceived latency.
- Understanding of basic principles of animation.
- Ability to fuse creativity and code to deliver cutting edge
- Ability to focus on detailed aspects of motion and experience,
often related to physics, patterns, and visual design
- Ability to use motion to a narrative effect and understanding
the future of interactive motion.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the
user and all else will follow." Google's Motion Designers
collaborate with cross-functional partners to create desirable and
relevant product experiences that consistently elevate the Google
brand. They help people make sense of their world by choreographing
experiences that feel fluid, natural, and informative.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary
teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists,
Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people
who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in
gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of
people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We
collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and
product management to create industry-leading products that deliver
value for the people who use them, and for Google's businesses.
As a Motion Designer, you'll apply your passion for animation to
simplify complex interactions and solve challenging design
problems. You'll help define and implement Google's motion design
language and you'll think critically about how motion reinforces
Google's UX brand, enhances interactivity, and delights our
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive,
innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to
learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to
gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX
teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and
engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and
simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex
challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products'
unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions
while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google's
philosophy: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."
- Define and implement the look and feel of Google products
through motion design.
- Provide patterns, best practices and guidance on animation and
transitions for different devices (such as TV, tablets, wearables,
mobile, etc.) and platforms (such as web, Android, iOS, etc.).
- Collaborate closely with fellow user experience designers,
product managers and engineers to define, challenge and solve
complex problems to enhance interactivity and delight users.
- Create high quality design proposals and drive projects from
concept to iterations and implementation.
Keywords: Google Inc., San Bruno , Motion Designer, Other , San Bruno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!