Staff Software Engineer, Backend
Company: Dynamic Signal
Location: San Bruno
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Staff Software Engineer
Dynamic Signal is the leading Employee Communication and
Engagement Platform, committed to creating a connected, inclusive,
and engaged workforce where people feel valued and empowered to be
their best. From factory workers and field employees, to knowledge
workers in any time zone, hundreds of companies across every
industry use Dynamic Signal's web, desktop, and mobile applications
to build aligned, productive, and engaged communities and employee
As a Product Engineering team, we pride ourselves in delivering
quality software that people love to use and embrace large scale
business and technical challenges. Operating as a global team, we
are organized into agile feature teams to allow maximum efficiency.
We build in a modern, evolving stack (C#, .Net Core, React,
PostgreSQL), leveraging new technologies as needed. We operate with
shared trust and no egos and enjoy being 'in this together' to
collaborate on the challenges of a rapidly scaling business.
We are searching for a passionate Staff Software Engineer (Full
Stack or Backend) to join our team and help build amazing web
applications. We iterate quickly to see what works and what
doesn't. We don't believe in silos so no boring single-feature
paralysis here. Your engineering and problem-solving talent will be
exercised daily. You are also expected to advocate intelligent
feature design and we encourage you to take chances and
What will you do?
- Develop intuitive, robust and scalable solutions using a
as React and Redux.
- Make mature, bold decisions to move our systems forward.
- Own the functionality you develop, from design to production,
resolving any issues along the way, and clearly communicating
concepts or issues.
- Transfer what you have learned from your real-world experience
to help us build scalable web applications that people love to
- Tackle the most challenging of problems with technical wizardry
and finesse, coordinating effort across teams where required.
- Continuously evolve your skills, driving innovation and
- Accurately estimate work.
- Working with leadership to identify technical issues and risks
along with mitigating actions.
- Design scalable and performant technical solutions.
- Define and Implement best practices.
- Engage with other Engineering teams, QA, and Product Management
to collaborate on the best solutions to fit our customer
- Mentor and support more junior team members.
- Understand customer use cases, ensuring a technical design that
covers all basis (functional and non functional ).
- Breakdown stories into technical tasks.
- Lead by example, use your ideas to implement features and
demonstrate how it ought to be done.
- Encourage new and better ways we should develop, discover, and
implement new best practices for the development in engineering
- Evangelize Test-Driven Development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or
equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of professional work experience.
- You love clean code and robust design.
- Proven technical design experience.
- Experience with at least one modern language Java/C# and
- Experience developing and delivering scalable, customer-facing
- Experience with React is desirable.
- Best in class programming skills across multiple language
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with SQL.
- Innovator with good ideas, strong problem-solving abilities,
and a results-oriented attitude.
- You have a track record of delivering features and
functionality on time with high quality.
- You have excellent communication skills and great ability to
build effective working relationships.
Keywords: Dynamic Signal, San Bruno , Staff Software Engineer, Backend, Other , San Bruno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!