Product Analytics Lead, Data Science
Company: Google Inc.
Location: San Bruno
Posted on: June 7, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant experience in an analytical function.
- Experience working with statistical packages (e.g. R, SAS,
Stata, MATLAB, etc.).
- Experience with articulating product questions, pulling data
from datasets (SQL) and using statistics to arrive at an
- Master's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative
nature (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering,
Mathematics, Data Sciences).
- Experience in scripting with SQL, extracting large sets of
data, and design of ETL flows.
- Work experience in an inter-disciplinary/cross-functional
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and
trends and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program
- Distinctive problem solving skills and impeccable business
- Capable of translating analysis results into business
recommendations. Strong written and verbal communication
About the job
Help serve Google's worldwide user base of more than a billion
people. Business Analysts provide quantitative support, market
understanding and a strategic perspective to our partners
throughout the organization. As a data-loving member of the team,
you serve as an analytics expert for your partners, using numbers
to help them make better decisions. You weave stories with
meaningful insight from data. You make critical recommendations for
your fellow Googlers in Engineering and Product Management. As a
self-starter, you relish tallying up the numbers one minute and
communicating your findings to a team leader the next.
Leaders in Data Science can see different angles of a product or
business opportunity, and you know how to connect the dots and
interact with people in various roles and functions. You have
substantial experience with analytical tools and techniques, and
bring a solid skill-set in analyzing data and communicating
recommendations. You will deepen your skill-set by working with
analytical thought leaders across the company.
Data Scientists are changing the world one technological
achievement after another.
Experimentation is at the core of what you do. In this role, you
will work to effectively turn business questions into data
analysis, and provide meaningful recommendations on strategy. This
is a unique hybrid role that will focus on your knowledge of data
infrastructure and your ability to drive insights.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire
people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take
on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on
millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only
revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability
and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new
platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to
Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are
changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Conduct data analysis to make business recommendations
(cost-benefit, invest-divest, forecasting, impact analysis).
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations
to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of
quantitative information. Develop and automate reports, iteratively
build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale,
solving for analytical needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to understand their
business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that
includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and
- Develop a vision and roadmap for analytics across a product or
- Own relationships with executive stakeholders across Google
Keywords: Google Inc., San Bruno , Product Analytics Lead, Data Science, Other , San Bruno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!