Vice President, Trust & Safety, YouTube
Company: Google Inc.
Location: San Bruno
Posted on: June 7, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in internet services, process
improvement, or customer support, including experience leading and
developing teams as a manager of managers.
- Experience working in Trust & Safety Operations and/or crisis
- Ability to work non-standard weekend and holiday hours.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in content policy or
- Experience delivering exceptional customer experience against
core metrics, as well as process improvement.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and constantly evolving
environment. Calm under pressure.
- Exceptional business judgment, strategic and analytical
capabilities, including using data to drive strategy and business
- Outstanding influencing and executive communication skills;
ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners.
About the job
The Vice President, Americas YouTube Trust & Safety is a
critical leader for protecting YouTube from harmful content while
managing YouTube's Creator policy experience. You will be
responsible for leading the Americas region for YouTube Trust &
Safety, including coordinating with key YouTube stakeholders
responsible for the same region, primarily our Creator Partnerships
In addition you will be responsible for overseeing YouTube Trust
& Safety's Americas Rapid Response team and critical Enforcement &
Operations of several global verticals managed from the US. These
teams will require you to oversee the team responsible to deliver
high quality policy enforcement support on the most sensitive
escalations from external sources (news outlets, regulatory bodies,
customers) as well as internal escalations (from cross-functional
partners, executives). You will oversee our front line operations
on cutting-edge policy issues and are comfortable delivering
decisions/recommendations under tight time pressure to senior
executives. In addition, this role oversees YouTube's Code of
Conduct (CoC) process which reviews creators causing undue harm to
YouTube's ecosystem. You will also oversee the newly formed Market
Responsibility Specialist function in the Americas, the team who
brings expert regional insights to help improve how YouTube
enforces our policies.
The role involves sensitive escalation management and working
closely with senior stakeholders across the business to ensure
alignment in applying policy principles and addressing brand risk.
The role will require working cross-functionally across Policy
Development, Policy Verticals, Scaled Abuse, Monetization, Product,
and Global Scaled Operations to operationalize, enforce, and
communicate policies that keep users safe and minimize brand risk
to the platform.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice,
and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and
build community through our stories. We work together to give
everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love,
and connect with one another in the process. Working at the
intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity,
we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people
the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun
- and we do it all together.
- Manage all internal stakeholders across YouTube and Google for
the Americas region
- Oversee the Americas Rapid Response team and the function
globally; Oversee the Code of Conduct (CoC) process globally to
ensure high profile creators who may have created harm to YouTube's
ecosystem are reviewed via and gained Executive approval.
- Oversee the Americas Market Responsibility Specialist (MRS)
team. Oversee several global policy vertical Enforcement &
- Review graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video
content in-line with YouTube's Community Guidelines.
- Be available for on-call work on weekends to handle policy
Keywords: Google Inc., San Bruno , Vice President, Trust & Safety, YouTube, Other , San Bruno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!