Product Analyst, Data Science
Company: Google Inc.
Location: San Bruno
Posted on: June 7, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience working with statistical packages (e.g.
R, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, etc.).
- Experience articulating product questions, pulling data from
datasets (SQL) and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as;
Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data
- Experience in scripting with SQL, extracting large sets of
data, and design of ETL flows.
- Experience in an inter-disciplinary/cross-functional
- Interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and
applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program
- Ability to translate analysis results into business
recommendations, and excellent written and verbal communication
- Distinctive problem solving skills and impeccable business
About the job
Product Analysts provide quantitative analysis, market expertise
and a strategic perspective to our partners throughout the
organization. As a data-loving member of the team, you'll serve as
an analytics expert for your partners, using numbers to help them
make better decisions. You will weave stories with meaningful
insight from data. You'll make key recommendations for your fellow
Googlers in Engineering and Product Management.
As a Product Analyst, you relish tallying up the numbers one
minute and communicating your findings to a team leader the next.
You can see different angles of a product or business opportunity,
and you know how to connect the dots and interact with people in
various roles and functions. You will work to effectively turn
business questions into data analysis, and provide meaningful
recommendations on strategy.
- Conduct data analysis to make business recommendations (e.g.
cost-benefit, invest-divest, forecasting, impact analysis).
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations
to multiple levels of stakeholders, creating visual displays of
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype
dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for business
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to formulate and
complete full cycle analysis that includes data gathering,
analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations.
- Help Google to focus on key decisions to improve products and
Keywords: Google Inc., San Bruno , Product Analyst, Data Science, Other , San Bruno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!