Scaled Abuse Analyst, YouTube
Company: Google Inc.
Location: San Bruno
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with fraud and abuse dynamics in online
- SQL experience (e.g., SQL, MySQL, MapReduce).
- Experience in data analysis and statistical modeling.
- Experience in project management, data management, metrics
analysis, experiment design and automation.
- Experience with classification systems, ranking systems or
- Experience creating opportunities to innovate, conceptualize
and complete while working with global teams.
- Experience collecting, managing and synthesizing large data
sets and information from disparate sources, statistical modeling,
data mining and data analysis.
- Experience with problem-solving and excellent quantitative
skills, with the ability to translate analytical insights into
business strategies and actions.
- High-level product and policy knowledge, with the ability to
understand/design training roadmaps and to communicate and persuade
between multiple levels.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube's Trust & Safety
team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users,
viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create,
and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their
online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks,
or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team
is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building
internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving
As a Scaled Abuse Analyst, you are passionate about cutting-edge
technologies and have experience with analyzing large scale data
and scaled systems of review. You will be a key contributor to the
strategy for reducing network badness on YouTube. This role will
require on-call work at weekends & holidays on a rotational basis.
The role may be exposed to graphic, controversial, and sometimes
offensive video content during team escalations in line with
YouTube's Community Guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice,
and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and
build community through our stories. We work together to give
everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love,
and connect with one another in the process. Working at the
intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity,
we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people
the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun
- and we do it all together.
- Apply advanced statistical methods to large complex data sets
to understand impact of abuse to the YouTube ecosystem. Contribute
strategy and development of workflows against additional known
vectors of abuse.
- Learn complex technical concepts and systems to deliver
meaningful results. Communicate highly technical results and
- Maintain, foster, and promote quality by providing regular
feedback metrics to the global team. Manage technological solutions
for streamlining quality assurance and produce scalable training
solutions to emergent workflows.
- Perform fraud and spam investigations using various data
sources, identify product vulnerabilities and drive anti-abuse
experiments to prevent abuse. Work with engineers and interact
cross-functionally with stakeholders to improve workflows via
process improvements, automation and anti-abuse system
- Develop high-quality training materials, and create consensus
and maintain communication for YouTube Scaled Abuse with business
Keywords: Google Inc., San Bruno , Scaled Abuse Analyst, YouTube, Other , San Bruno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!