Lab Assistant I - San Francisco County, CA.
Location: San Bruno
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Humanizing Healthcare on Demand.BayPLS revolutionizes healthcare
by providing personalized services to both corporate entities and
individuals. Our services are characterized by a compassionate and
friendly approach that sets us apart from the rest. Our client base
includes government agencies, hospitals, nursing homes, medical
research companies, pro sports teams, as well as individuals
seeking healthcare services at their homes or workplace.Position
Summary:Bay Area PLS is a mobile phlebotomy company providing
professional blood draws, vaccinations and Covid-19 testing to
individuals in the comfort of their own homes, as well as entities
such as medical research companies, home health agencies,
government agencies, and many more. We take pride in collecting
samples as efficiently and painlessly as possible, while complying
with all safety rules and regulations and preserving the integrity
of all samples for delivery to the testing laboratory.
- Lab Assistant I:
- Has a CPT licensed experience with less than 1 year - $23 -
24.99 per hour
- Lab Assistant I's have the ability to:
- Draw blood
- Can only process blood with supervision
- The Night Shift (7pm - 5am) caps out at $24 per hour since they
are not working at a Patient Service Center and will be waiting at
their house for calls to draw blood.
- 5am - 1:30pm
- 10:30am - 7pm
- 2pm - 7pm
- 7pm - 5am
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Remain able and willing to collect blood from:
- All patient ages
- Patients that are difficult to draw such as IV drug users with
damaged veins, combative / special needs patients (with assistance
- Patient collection methods vary: such as venipuncture,
capillary puncture, etc.
- Patients known to be actively infected, symptomatic or
asymptomatic with COVID-19 and /or any other infectious disease.
- Remain able and willing to travel in a personal vehicle during
BayPLS business hours to any location within the greater bay area
service area for both sample collection and drop off.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions,
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Review all details of all appointments in advance and resolve
questions or get clarification by close of business the evening
before when possible.
- Ensure that adequate supply and current expiration dates are
maintained at all times to accommodate daily job volume and that
equipment remains functional and well kept.
- Ensure specimen integrity by identifying tubes needed to
- Maintain professional appearance, attitude and communication at
all times with patients, clients, coworkers BayPLS administrators
and anyone else encountered while working.
- Maintain California CPT license in a valid and current status
at all times while employed with BayPLS.
- Maintain active registration and insurance on personal
- Remain flexible to be reassigned or deployed to other locations
or tasks according to business need during days / times of
- Consistently collect, record and document required pertinent
job data including upload of photos of samples collected and
completed paperwork as well as clear and detailed notes including
location, place and time of sample delivery and other notes as
required specific to various job and client types in electronic
timesheet for each appointment.
- Maintain supplies and equipment such as forensic blood draw
kits, forms and venipuncture materials, ensuring adequate supply
and current expiration dates at all times.
- Respond consistently to dispatch calls during day / time blocks
of availability by receiving and confirming the call, reporting ETA
to the requesting police agency and arriving at the requested
location ASAP and under the contracted arrival time - (30 or 45
minutes depending upon contract area). Always following all traffic
laws and driving safely.
- Always follow CLSI standards, BayPLS Standard Operating
Procedures and county / police agency issued venipuncture checklist
guidelines with regard to all blood specimen collection
- Submit to background check and Live Scan as required by police
agencies and counties to obtain clearance to enter Jails, hospitals
and police department facilities.
- Record, collect and document required pertinent data including
uploading of specimen and paperwork photos and entry of notes
providing a clear description of the work performed for all
- Testify in court when subpoenaed to give testimony on details
of jobs you were present at.Qualifications:
- HS Diploma: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
(GED) or equivalent education/experience
- Active and current Certified Phlebotomy License in the state of
- Graduate of an accredited Certified Phlebotomy program
consistent with the requirements for CPT License per Laboratory
- If Medical Assistant graduation did not occur within the last
two years, one year of recent medical assistant experience working
in an applicable setting.
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider - American Heart
- This is a mobile role, frequent travel to and between job sites
- Ability to be scheduled consistent hours is dependent upon your
ability to work in various locations surrounding the Bay Area,
specifically San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda Counties
- Bi-lingual strongly preferred.
- 2 years phlebotomy and specimen collection experience
- At least 6 months of high volume phlebotomy experience required
- To remain active status, the position requires a minimum of
three shifts per week
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Experience
working in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency required, including prior experience with
electronic medical record systems.
- Ability to work daytime hours, flexibility may be required to
meet staffing needs.
- Working days are variable and offered seven (7) days a week.
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work
- Familiar with or able to become familiar with computer software
programs such as G-Suite, PrimaryBio, O365 & Electronic Medical
Records systemsPHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENTHours and days
may vary depending on operational needs. Standard hours are Monday
through Friday 8:00 am 5:00pm with occasional weekend needs. There
are frequent after hours calls related to this type of contractual
work.Position Type: -HourlyEmployee Status: -Full timeBenefits:
-YesPosition Status: -non exemptUnion: -NoJob Shift: -DayShift
Hours: -8-5Weekend Requirements: -yesSchedule: -M-F 8am-
5pmLocation: CaliforniaApplications Accepted: -All Applications
AcceptedEqual Employment OpportunityBay Area PL Services ("BayPLS")
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or
genetic information.About BayPLSBringing the Laboratory to you &
humanizing healthcare on demand. BayPLS providesblood draws, covid
tests, covid vaccines, in home or at work, for both personal and
corporate needs. We have been providing these services to the
Greater Bay Area since 2017.Compensation: $23-$30 HourlyBenefits
include but are not limited to:* -Competitive compensation
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee
Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity after 6 months of
employmentApplicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Keywords: BayPLS, San Bruno , Lab Assistant I - San Francisco County, CA., Healthcare , San Bruno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...