Quality Nurse Consultant, Medical/Surgical
Location: San Bruno
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Coordinates quality, accreditation, regulatory and licensing
(AR&L), patient safety and risk management activities for the
medical center. Provides clinical, educational, consulting, and
coordinating support to assigned areas. Uses nurses licensure as a
substantial amount of scientific knowledge or technical skill for
indirect patient care services that ensure the safety, comfort,
personal hygiene, and protection of patients; and the performance
of disease prevention and restorative measures.
- Acts as a consultant for quality, AR&L, risk, patient
safety, and infection prevention activities and programs.
- Assists with quality management studies through data
collection, data input and report development.
- Analyzes, interprets and provides recommendation based on
- Organize and coordinate project planning, group process
facilitation, training, and appropriate application of information
- Reports all occurrences which may lead to medical center
liability and follows up as necessary.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration for implementation
of evidence based guidelines, criteria and other clinical tools to
reduce variation in clinical practice and to optimize clinical
- Educates physicians and staff regarding regional projects or
regulatory reviews, i.e. the interpretation of regulatory
requirements and the methods of compliance when preparing for a
review or the interpretation of project goals.
- Analyzes risk management/patient safety principles and provides
recommendations for the incorporation of risk management principles
in each medical center.
- Provides support services to appropriate medical center staff
in implementing risk management principles into credentialing
- Participates in special projects as assigned, such as
statistical reports for state, federal, and local agencies.
- Applies the appropriate performance improvement methodology to
address improvement opportunity (eg. MFI, Lean DMAIC).
- May support infection prevention and control activities.
- Supports maintenance of IC records and policy/procedure manual
reviews and revisions.
- Supports the medical centers continuous survey readiness
program to maintain compliance with regulatory standards.
- Minimum three (3) years of combined experience in quality, risk
management, patient safety, infection prevention,
accreditation/regulation, licensing or operational clinical
leadership in a healthcare setting.
- Bachelors degree in nursing, business administration,
economics, health care administration, operation research, public
health administration, or other related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- CIC certificate required within three (3) years, if primary job
focus is Infection Control.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working in quality
operations in an acute care setting.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Quality/ Risk/Patient Safety/Just Culture/Project
- Posting in Richmond but primary work site is in OAK w occ
travel to RCH. Focus of QNC role is med-surg service line
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, San Bruno , Quality Nurse Consultant, Medical/Surgical, Healthcare , San Bruno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...