Associate Post Masters Mental Health Fellow, Clinical Case Management Team
Location: San Bruno
Posted on: March 17, 2023
This position is part of the Northern California Mental Health
Training Program and follows its regional policies and procedures.
-It is designed to provide advanced training and additional
clinical supervision to Associate Marriage & Family Therapists,
Associate Clinical Social Workers and Associate Professional
Clinical Counselors (AMFT/ACSW/APCC) who have prior experience
working in a mental health setting. Position meets the requirements
for supervised training of Associate Marriage & Family Therapists,
Associate Clinical Social Workers and Associate Professional
Clinical Counselors working toward licensure and follows the
guidelines as set forth by California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
-The Post Masters Fellowship position is based in outpatient Child
and Family and/or Adult Psychiatry and/or Chemical Dependency
and/or other teams as available. Primary supervision is provided by
Licensed Mental Health Professionals.Position is one year,
temporary with benefits. -This position ONLY pertains to the
Northern California Mental Health Training Programs.Essential
- Provide psychotherapy to patients and co-facilitate family
and/or group therapy. Actively participate in assigned clinical
- Weekly minimum of two (2) hours of individual supervision; two
(2) hours of didactic training; and two (2) hours of case
- Actively participate in a minimum of thirty-two (32) hours
annually of outside community partnership projects.
- Attend workshops and regional seminars on a regular basis as
part of the training. Participate in staff meetings, case
conferences, and other staff functions. Facilitate community
outreach and community referrals as needed.
- Maintain confidential patient files/records and information in
a timely manner.
- Comply with regional and local policies and procedures.
- Comply with the Code of Ethics and state laws pertaining to the
delivery of mental health services.
- Team-specific duties performed by fellows under the direct
supervision of mental health licensed professional, including but
not limited to the following: Adult Team, Child/Family Team,
Chemical Dependency, Behavioral Medicine or others.
- Adult Team: -Provide assessment and individual and group
therapy to adults in a brief therapy model.
- Child/Family Team: Provide individual, family and/or group
counseling to children, adolescents, and families
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) : Provide services to
patients needing more intensive treatment for stabilization, in a
stepped-down treatment program for patients recently discharged
from inpatient psychiatric unit.
- Bilingual Spanish Therapy: Provide assessment and individual,
group therapy to adults in brief therapy model to patients who
request clinical services in Spanish.
- Behavioral Medicine: Provide services to patients whose
presenting problem is related to the treatment of a physical
problem or psychological issues arising from a medical condition.
Provide services to patients who are experiencing emotional or
stress-related problems concurrent to receiving treatment for a
medical diagnosis or physical symptom.
- Case Management: Provide individual, family and group
psychotherapy services to patients with severe and persistent
mental illness with goal of stabilization of symptoms. Facilitate
treatment by interacting with psychiatric hospitals, partial
hospitalization programs, crisis residential facilities, and other
- Chronic Pain Management: Provide services to patients who
experience chronic pain, including teaching them pain management
skills such as pacing, medication management, staying active,
relaxation techniques and positive thinking.
- Eating Disorders: Provide services to adults, children, teens
and families who have a diagnosis of an eating disorder.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
employees. -Secondary Functions:
- Track-Clinical Case Management
- Hours/Days may vary
- Primary location: 280 W. Macarthur Blvd.,Oakland,CA,94611 (low
rise)Basic Qualifications: -Experience
- Successful completion of pre-masters internships in mental
- No applicant who has more than 2000 hours of supervision
towards licensure will be accepted into the Training Program in
their first training year by program start date. -Education
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Social Welfare from a clinical
track, Clinical or Counseling Psychology or related field from an
accredited college or university by program start date. -License,
- Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (California) required
at hire OR Associate Professional Clinical Counselor Registration
(California) required at hire OR Registered Associate Clinical
Social Worker (California) required at hire -Additional
- Competence in: Mental Status Evaluation; Mandated Reporting;
Suicide/ Homicide/ Danger Assessment; Ethics and Confidentiality;
the DSM (Psychopathology/Abnormal Psychology); Theories and
Practices of Psychotherapy; and Personality and Psychological
Development; Domestic Violence; and Chemical Dependency.
- Demonstrated experience in providing individual, family and/or
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity
necessary for assuming professional responsibilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and
participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. -Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience and/or training in working with Adult and/or Child
and Adolescent, Chemical Dependency, IOP or Bilingual Clinical
Therapy populations preferred.
- Experience and/or training in establishing psychosocial
diagnoses and providing standard psychotherapeutic services,
- Experience and/or training in Clinical Case Management,
- Experience and/or training in group therapy, preferred.
- Acquisition of a theoretical background in cognitive,
emotional, and interpersonal functioning, abnormal psychology, and
in the major schools of psychotherapy, preferred.Job Schedule: Job
Category: Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Keywords: Kaiser, San Bruno , Associate Post Masters Mental Health Fellow, Clinical Case Management Team, Executive , San Bruno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...