Manufacturing Operations Manager
Company: Chewie Labs
Location: San Bruno
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionClimate change is one of the biggest problems
humanity is facing today. We are an early-stage start-up working on
simple, delightful solutions that make a real difference in one of
the worst contributing industries: waste.Chewie Labs is an
early-stage start-up whose mission is to impact climate change by
bringing user-centered design, technology, & magic to reducing
waste.About the Role:As Chewie's Manufacturing Operations Manager
you will be responsible for all stages of production activities
with Chewie's Manufacturing Partners to ensure delivery of high
quality, cost effective and on schedule products.
- Operations point of contact with Chewie's Manufacturing
- Work with Chewie's new product development team to successfully
launch Chewie's first product on-time, on-budget, at desired
quality and reliability levels.
- Use your Project Management skills to drive on time production
ramp and sustaining product delivery.
- Use your technical skills to drive DFX efforts on all new
products to ensure products are optimized for manufacturability,
quality, reliability, serviceability, flexibility and cost.
- Work with Chewie's internal and external Design teams to
support Proto, EVT, DVT and PVT manufacturing builds and ramp into
- Support Chewie Technical Operations and our CM partner to
develop and implement manufacturing test processes including;
Incoming Inspection, In-Circuit Test (ICT) if applicable, Final
Functional Test, Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS) if
applicable, Ongoing Reliability Testing (ORT) and Out-Of-Box
Quality (OBQ) audits.
- Qualify the manufacturing process on each new product
introduction, including working with our CM partner to ensure
appropriate line layout, work instructions, operator training,
equipment calibration, etc. are in place
- Support Chewie Quality to qualify Material Suppliers on each
new product introduction, including First Article approvals,
incoming inspection specifications & procedures (eg; AQL levels,
go/no-go gauges, aesthetic acceptance criteria, etc.), and
establish thresholds for approving material suppliers for source
inspection and/or ship-to-stock status.
- Management/oversight of CM Shop Floor Control System
- Work with Technical Operations to establish in-line rework and
re-test standards, including monitoring the "bone pile" for total
quantity, aging and number of rework cycles
- Drive cost reductions and product quality improvements through
manufacturing yield enhancement programs.
- Work with Chewie Engineering & Logistics to set up Reverse
Logistics Triage Testing systems/processes and work with Chewie
Customer Service on implementing RMA processes.
- Drive Closed Loop Corrective Action (CLCA) process to analyze
failure data collected from field returns, manufacturing yield data
& ORT testing, and drive corrective actions at the root cause.
Ensure learning is carried forward into future new product
- Support Documentation Control system to manage Bills of
Materials (BOMs), product specifications, Engineering Change Orders
(ECOs), etc. Skills/Experience Required:
- BS in ME, or equivalent experience (Masters degree
- 15+ years work experience in Manufacturing Operations or
- Expert knowledge of manufacturing, test, supplier mgt &
statistical process controls.
- Excellent project management, communication and teamwork
- Self-starter, with ability to work independently
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.For
your awareness, we have been requiring that all employees and
visitors who come into our offices verify that they are fully
vaccinated with respect to COVID-19. Of course we are open to
discussing accommodations where legally required, such as for
medical or religious reasons. If you need to discuss accommodations
or better understand this requirement, please let me know.
Otherwise, please prepare to provide verification of your
Keywords: Chewie Labs, San Bruno , Manufacturing Operations Manager, Executive , San Bruno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!