Sales Engineer - Video (Greater Bay Area)
Company: Motorola Solutions
Location: San Bruno
Posted on: January 15, 2022
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click
this link to apply through your Workday account.Company
OverviewMotorola Solutions is there for our customers when
everything is on the line. In extreme moments - when a hurricane
lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments - when a
package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child
doesn't miss the school bus home.We unify voice, data, video and
analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals,
businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways.
To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their
best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and
talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) is a global
leader in public safety and enterprise security. Our solutions in
land mobile radio mission-critical communications, video security &
access control and command center software, bolstered by managed &
support services, create the most integrated technology ecosystem
to make communities safer and help businesses stay productive and
Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and
manufactures video analytics, network video management software and
hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions.
Avigilon's solutions have been installed at thousands of customer
sites, including school campuses, transportation systems,
healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure,
prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions,
government facilities, and retailers.
Job DescriptionReporting to the Sales Engineering Manager for Video
Security & Access Control, the Sales Engineer, Video Security &
Access Control, holds a key position that requires a dynamic
individual who is knowledgeable and passionate about utilizing
cameras, analytics, sensors, and access technologies to deliver
outcomes-based physical security solutions for customers.
- Effectively disseminate product knowledge by providing thorough
training to sales teams, manufacturing representatives, channel
partners, and end-users.
- Articulate the technology and demonstrate differentiated value
propositions to both business and technical prospects.
- Conduct compelling in-person and remote product demonstrations
and lead technical discussions.
- Support sales team in responding to RFP's by designing,
specifying, and quoting systems.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and
- Extensive travel to provide on-site support for sales,
integration, troubleshooting, and training.
- Collaborate with the customer success and support teams in
providing post-sales support to customers.
- Manage demo equipment assets.
- Closely support sales teams in achieving sales targets and
- Be proactive in the entire sales cycle, assisting in the
identification of stakeholders; identifying potential risks in the
engagement and proposing mitigating actions.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Intimate knowledge and experience with Windows troubleshooting
tools and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of networking principles and IP
- Experience with computer hardware configuration and
- Experience with network equipment configuration and
- 4+ years of experience in one of the following: sales, sales
engineering, presales roles for a technology company.
- Strong understanding of the video surveillance or access
- Strong knowledge in networking and system design.
- Self-motivated and focused individual with a passion for
technology and an aptitude for customer satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Possesses strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Has a pleasant, friendly style of verbal and written
- Preference will be given to candidates who reside in the
Greater San Francisco Bay Area.
- College degree or diploma of technology preferred.
- Prior experience in the physical security industry
- Microsoft and/or Cisco certifications preferred.
- Certification for any competitive products preferred. Travel
- 50-75% travel by land and/or air within territory required.
- 4+ years of experience in one of the following: Sales,
Engineering, Solutions Architecture or VideoVaccine RequirementAs
an employer of 100 or more employees, Motorola Solutions has
implemented a policy requiring all U.S. employees reporting to a
workplace (anywhere you are performing services on behalf of
Motorola Solutions) where other people are present (including
coworkers and customers) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by
February 9, 2022. Any employees not fully vaccinated by this date
will be required to participate in periodic COVID-19 testing.If you
are unable to be fully vaccinated, you may apply for a reasonable
accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious
belief. Any offer of employment will be contingent on candidate's
ability to demonstrate proof of vaccination (unless approved for a
reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or
religious belief) or willingness to participate in periodic
Referral Payment PlanYesOur U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
EEO StatementMotorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
Keywords: Motorola Solutions, San Bruno , Sales Engineer - Video (Greater Bay Area), Engineering , San Bruno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!